The Sleep Factor

Yesterday it really was a bright day .. what with sleeping for extra 4 hrs the previous day evening and all..

Sleeping is a real great thing ..and there is nothing like overdoses of it .. for me it means eternal bliss... and somehow I always seem to have a shortage of it...

Being the youngest at home has its advantages ... i.e. the amount of sleep that you are allowed to have is inversely proportional to your age.... that was a really wonderful concept that worked fine for me then.. used to sleep late till 10.30 or 11.00 am....

But even then Murphy's law used to work against me ...

Grandpa was the villain for my sleep.. He used to come charging for battle with his towel.. his usual weapon ... and spank me left & right with it..

Now you must be wondering what good a towel would do ...

There is a saying in Tamil ' Vallavanukku pullum aayidham ' ..meaning .. ' For a smart person even a blade of grass is a weapon' .... The way Grandpa used the towel was unique... He used to hold the towel at both ends ... and do a Rajinikanth effect (rotate) on it...

Now Grandpa was really a huge person in stature and when you are small everything seems to be big right..??
He used to loom over me ..with said weapon in hand...and I used lie down there with one open eye.. still refusing to get up...it used to be a sight to behold for Mom...

Now when I think of it.. He used to look really cute ... Trying to be firm with me ..when I knew that he was trying hard not to smile ...

Anyway he used to win the battle everytime .. and I will be marched off for brushing my teeth immediately thereafter....Hmmm... But really... those were the days....

Yesterday.. I had the chance to see.. the most scariest( ?????) movies of all times (again ?????).... EXORCIST ..which my sister had once said had made her bite the hands of one of her friends sitting nearby (not an exaggeration !!..)

Well I am the kind of person who does not need any horror movie for getting afraid.. In the darkness my imagination alone helps me in that ... So I was really against watching it..

But it so happened that we had already gone to the theatre to watch ' Knock . Knock.. I want to marry' or I do not know what really .. but somehow (again.. yeah .. Murphy's law) .. the print got corrupted... and we were forced to watch Exorcist..

To be frank .. even for me .. it was not that scary.. It was gory... all blood ... and yellow eyes kind of stuff.. only scene that still stands out is the first one... which is not frightening... but kind of shocking.. where they show the battlefield in which the evil god is supposed to have wreaked havoc on the English (??) army.. and only one priest remains alive... with scores of people crucified on the cross.. an inverse one...

Well then..after the show... we came back at 1:30 am today.. and again it meant cutting short the most blissful moments of my life ... my sleep......

ok seeya later..

Sundari





Comments

Gaurav said…
SLEEP..This word was my lifeline when i was in college..It was my favourite pasttime then..I never cut down my sleeping hours even during exams..and yeah..i am talking about day time sleep..All that is changed now and the day dreams have been converted to excel and word!!

EXORCIST was real crap..never even once i felt scared or shocked..and even u were not scared..so lets go for Vaastu..What say??
Anonymous said…
Sundari....
Exocist was not that scary but was brutal. But somebody was really scared, u know imagination does work... & even to check one's hands was one of scary idea....
Anyways...lets hope, we will enjoy "Knock knock.." next weekend.
_B girl

Popular posts from this blog

Rajnikanth - Fish out of water !!

Its about Books ..

Random Thoughts ...