At Home ...

Am at home now!!! And enjoying all the privileges that go with it!!! Eating as if I have not had a morsel to eat the past 4 months & sleeping to my heart's content...It is a wonder how you get to sleep so soundly at home with all the commotion happening around you (you will get an idea of what I am talking about if you have ever dealt with 2 shrieking kids around you) and don’t get a wink of sleep anywhere else with not even a whisper of wind to disturb you... But that is what Home is all about I guess... Feels great to be back!!!

Went via Bangalore to Trichy this time …. Stayed with my brother & my ‘perimma/maasi’ for 2 days in Bangalore...Unlike Tamilnadu you can manage with Hindi or English in Bangalore… a cool place...literally & figuratively …went to a mall (yeah again…:-)) and roamed around.. Could not resist the book shop there …there was really a good collection of books … Got Bourne Supremacy (Aye!! the same thriller movie) by Robert Ludlum and Shashi Tharoor‘s INDIA – Midnight to Millennium..The second one gifted by my brother... Hoping for a good read on that one ...

Finished a quarter century in this Earth today...Yeah...Its my birthday today... and for once I did the right thing by coming home at this time of the year … Mom, Dad and my sisters have always made this day special.. Not anything as elaborate as cake cutting … but the more subtle yet touching one when each one of them wish me the first thing in the morning …That really makes me feel special …Went to the temple today with them (yeah you got it… once in a year affair) wearing saree with all the extra fittings (a very heavy attire let me tell you…tried telling Mom but she would not listen… so thought of humoring her at least today :-))

Felt ‘Mumbai Sick’ yesterday night... Was awake for quite some time looking at the photos…& felt nostalgic …Was reminded of the past 2 birthdays there … the customary cake cutting with all the friends around … That was really something … Each one of them had made my life richer in some way …hmmm… Will go back there...Hopefully someday soon…

Till then... it is five more days of bliss ..at HOME ...

Signing off
Sundari

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!!!! wish this years filled with all the happiness and love that you deserve....take care n keep smiling :D
Anks said…
belated happy b'day lavanya! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Rajnikanth - Fish out of water !!

Its about Books ..

Random Thoughts ...