Of Nieces and a nephew !!


Came home to give a send off to Dad and Mom to the US of A...They plan to be with my sister & brother-in-law to welcome my little nephew …This requires a special mention because he will be the lone male in a house full of daughters & granddaughters…a much coveted position …even though my mother showers all her love to all her granddaughters equally...there would be something extra this time …wish I were there to see & analyze this particular phenomenon of a male charm in its raw form…and of course to spoil him thoroughly from my end too…

There is something very special about being an aunt or Chithi (Tamil) meaning small mom – Mausi/Maasi (Hindi) Maa Jaisi meaning like mom …you get the privilege of observing the evolution of life right from the womb …feel the kicks of the tiny tyrant as if it were happening to yourself without the pain that goes with it…and the ultimate bliss of holding a small human being in your hands…and the wonderful protective feeling you develop for that special small person …it is such an out of the world feeling which can only be felt & the next best thing can only be your own baby there in your arms.

Each kid is very unique and it is a delight to watch them if you know how to do that with patience and tolerance and without criticism. If you just give them that space they need …just wide enough to let them enjoy their own beautiful world and just close enough to protect them from our world of grownups… they gift you with their joy and happiness which is very special…

I hold in my mind the small small things that my nieces do …some of which I am ridiculously proud of… my first niece Ranga is literally the child prodigy ….
Taru and Ranga (from left)
Too intelligent for her age who never baby talked and started speaking whole sentences when she was just 8 months old…
the second one Taru …the cute & sensitive one…who is always eager to please…and my most special because I was there most of the time with her during her birth and the consecutive years…
the third Lakshu…
do not be lulled by the sweet name…she is the tyrant among the four and has a mind of her own (see the mischief in her eyes & that Rajnikant pose)...talks too much and knows too much for her 2.5 years …
the fourth Sowmy… is the delicate darling with a sweet voice ..
But again she is very particular about what she wants…and raises hell just as quick as Lakshu…

The fifth one – a nephew for a change will surely be the darling for all of us...Just cannot wait for that moment to come….


Signing off
Sundari

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your niece Lakhshu...she looks damn cute...
Anonymous said…
This blog looks alive with all the pictures in it. I remember my nephew who is almost 3 years old. He bashes me up everytime I go home (only once a month) and asks me innocently 'tu mujhe chod ke baar baar delhi kyon chale jaata hai'.
The pictures are good. Could have been great with a digicam. Why dont you buy one.
Anonymous said…
Hi sundari,
the kids are looking great , especially lakshu she is exactly looking like me when i was her age . Sowhmya's smiles just like me. write more about them
Anonymous said…
Nice observation about niece.
All are looking really beautiful.
Anonymous said…
hey..
nala yeurndhadhu.. photos cute..
ramya

Popular posts from this blog

Rajnikanth - Fish out of water !!

Its about Books ..

Random Thoughts ...